Herman Landscape Service Inc was founded in 1943 by Robert L. Herman. While attending the University of Wisconsin, Bob took a job as a driver for William “Bill” McKay. He was soon selling and planting McKay Nursery stock. In 1944, he graduated from the UW with a degree in Landscape Architecture. What started out as a local one-man operation has grown into service oriented corporation serving Madison, Dane County, and southern Wisconsin. Bob retired in 1975 leaving the family business in the good hands of three sons, a daughter, a son-in-law, and many of his trusted and experienced employees. In 2007 Mr. Herman was inducted posthumously into the Wisconsin Green Industry Federation Hall of Fame. Today the third generation is making a strong appearance in the business carrying on the love of nature and making beautiful outdoor living spaces.